1. I am participating in yoga classes, workshops and/or other wellness, body work and meditation activities (collectively, the ‘Activities’) offered by Silver Wood Yoga Studio & Emma Diserens (hereby known as ‘the teacher’). The Activities may be offered in a physical location or offered online via video or other digital media or platforms.
2. I recognise that in any physical activity, risk of serious physical injury is possible. Yoga and other activity are not a substitute for medical diagnosis and/or treatment.
3. I recognise that I must be in adequate physical and mental health to participate in the Activities. I understand that the Activities may require intense physical exertion, and I represent and warrant that I am physically fit enough to participate, and I have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in the Activities. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician before my participation in the Activities. If I have done so, I have taken the physician’s advice.
4. I am aware that my participation in the Activities could result in high blood pressure, fainting, heartbeat disorders, physical injury, heart attack or stroke and may aggravate pre-existing injuries. I understand that I could experience muscle, back, neck and other injuries as a result of my participation in the Activities. I understand my physical limitations and I am sufficiently self-aware to stop or modify my participation in any Activity before I become injured or aggravate a pre-existing injury. I understand that if at any time during the Activity I feel discomfort or strain, I should gently come out of the posture and let the teacher know. I understand that I may rest at any time during the class and that I should listen to my body and respect its limits on any given day. I understand that the teacher reserves the right to refuse my participation in any Activity on medical, fitness or any other grounds.
5. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the Activities, including those which may result from the negligence of the Teacher.
6. I recognise that it is my responsibility to ensure that my immediate surroundings are safe to practice the Activities and that my participation in the Activities does not pose a threat to myself or those around me.
7. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any “Claim” (as defined below) I may have against the teacher that I may sustain as a result of participating in the Activities even if the Claim arises from the negligence of the teacher.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the teacher from any loss, cost, or liability incurred in defending any Claim made by me or anyone making a Claim on my behalf, even if the Claim is alleged to or did result from the negligence of the teacher.
“Claim” includes but is not limited to any and all liabilities, claims, demands, expenses, fees, legal actions, rights of actions for damages, personal injury, mental suffering and distress, or death that I may suffer, my spouse, children or unborn child may suffer (including any legal fees or expenses) in connection with participation in any Activity.